I’m excited to share with you today the BB8 Birthday Invites that I made for my sons 1st Birthday Party. Since he is turning one, and can’t choose the the theme, my husband and I thought it would be fun to make it a star wars party before he had anything to say about it. LOL. I looked around on Pinterest trying to figure out how to make a Star wars card, and came across a lot of BB8 cards. So by looking at them I tried to figure out how to make with the supplies I had on hand. Well, you can see for yourself how I made it by watching the video or reading the tutorial below.
- Basic Black Cardstock cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″ and fold.
- Cut crushed curry to 4″ x 5 1/4″, and then adhere to Base.
- Then Cut Night of Navy Cardstock 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″, and then adhere to base.
As much as I would love to write this out for you I love my brain too much. You will need to watch the steps I took to make this. However, I will give you the sizes, and details of what I used to make the BB8.
- Whisper White CS Cut with Circle Layer 2 an 12/16″ (about 2 3/4″)
- Pumpkin Pie Circle, made form the inner circle of the Pumpkin Rings you are going to make. Using the 1 1/16″ Layer Circle. It goes in the middle of BB8’s Belly
- 1/2″ circle punch, pop out 4 circles per BB8, and apply to Belly Button.
- Pumpkin Pie Rings, made layering 1 5/8″ circle with 1 1/16″ circle die on Pumpkin Pie Cardstock , and run through the Big Shot . You can get 3 half circles out of the ring to decorate BB8 with.
- Adhere all pieces to BB8 Bottom.
- 1 5/8″ Circle die on Whisper White Card stock. and cut a flat end for the bottom of his head using the scissors.
- 1/4″ Strip of Pumpkin Pie Cardstock, adhere to the bottom of his head. Cut off excess.
- 1/8″ strip of Tip Taupe Taupe or Smoky Slate Cardstock, adhere to top of head, and cut off excess.
- BB8’s big lense punched out with 1/2″ circle punch with Basic Black Cardstock.
- Small lense can be punched with a regular hole punch out Basic Black Cardstock.
- For an added touch using white gell pen to create a glare on the Big Lense.
Adhere Bottom to Base and then add the head on top.
- For the number, use any number die whisper White cardstock and adhere to cardstock if you would like to.
Create a word doc, and print out details. Or handwrite invite details on the inside of the cards on Whisper White Cardstock.
Yay, you are done!