Hey Stampers!!! Okay, get ready for this magical Emboss Resist Technique ! It is so cool!!! The best part is when you sponge over it and the image appears like magic. I bet if you tried this with your kids, they would be blown away. I couldn’t help but make an Easter Card using this Technique. I have to say the card is SO CUTE!! I hope you take the opportunity to try this out, and remember to click on the product list below, it will take you straight to my Online Store.
- Take Pool Party Cardstock , cut it to 4 1/4″ x 11″, score at 5 1/2″ and fold.
- Cut So Saffron Cardstock, cut it to 4″ x 5 1/4″, and adhere to base.
- On a piece of 3 3/4″ x 5″ Whisper White Cardstock. Tip: to get some neat scraps to use as paper ribbon, start with 4 1/4″ x 5″ piece, then cut
- Group the eggs stamps on to one block, and stamp with Versamark ink randomly all over the page. Tip: Do this in a well lit room, so you can see the images shining, so you don’t accidentally stamp over the image
- Cover with Clear Embossing Powder, and flick the back to get the excess off on top scrap sheet of paper. Tip: use a scrap sheet of paper to tap of excess, to save Embossing powder and put back into the container. Warning, do not have a fan near by, it will spread the Embossing Powder everywhere. LOL.
- Pre- heat the heating tool, then run across the cardstock in circles to avoid burning the paper, until the powder is glossy.
- Then grab four sponges, So Saffron, Blushing Bride, Wisteria Wonder, and Pool Party. (If you are going for that Pastel look)
- Start rubbing in circles , starting with the lightest color, randomly across the page with each color, until you reach your desired image.
- Adhere to the Saffron Layer.
Easter Bunny and Sentiment
- On a 2 1/2″ piece of Whisper White cardstock, stamp the Grass using Wild Wasabi. Tip: Watch video to see how I did this.
- With Memento Ink stamp the sentiment at the bottom.
- On a scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock, stamp with memento Ink the Bunny, the Basket, and the flower.
- On a magnetic platform place coordinating dies over images, and run through the Big Shot at the same time.
- Fussy cut the Basket out.
- Color the Flower, Bunny, and Basket. Add Wink of Stella for some sparkle .
- Take the scrap of Emboss Resist paper. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals above the sentiment like a ribbon.
- Then adhere the bunny to the grass, and the basket to his hand.
- Then adhere flower to paper ribbon.
Inside the card (for an added touch)
- On a piece of 4″ x 5 1/4″ Whisper White Cardstock, Stamp a Sentiment.
- Stamp Grass with Wild Wasabi
- Stamp a couple of eggs, with coordinating colors.
- Adhere to the inside of the card.
Done! Don’t forget to mail off the card to someone special.