Hey Stampers!! Okay so I have to admit this is a really cool technique, and it’s fun. I bet kids would love to do it with you, but I have to warn you it can get a little messy so wear gloves and aprons. Definitely trust me when I say this a pretty cool Shaving Cream Technique creating the really swirls for a wonderful back ground for a card, or any craft project that you do.
Just remember to play with it, and figure out the color combinations that you like.
- Cut Melon Mambo Cardstock 4 1/4″ x 11″, and score at 5 1/2″, and fold.
Shaving Cream Technique
- Cut either Photo Paper or Glossy Cardstock to 4″ x 5 1/4″ or leave it at 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, and trim it after the technique, to have some really cool scraps to use for other projects.
- Place a paper Plate on top of a cookie sheet, and be sure to have some paper towels ready to go.
- Have a Food Scraper or a Small Squeegee ready to scrap up the Shaving Cream.
- Squirt Shaving Cream on the plate as big as the card you want to put on it, and smooth it out.
- Squirt drops of Flirty Flamingo Ink refill, Melon Mambo Ink Refill, and Rich Razzleberry Ink Refill, if you are going for the color combination I used. Tip: Spread out the drops of Ink Refill, because the dark color will pop out the most. And remember to leave more white than color.
- Using a toothpick, or a kabob stick, swirl the colors around.
- Then placing the cardstock glossy side down and pressing eveyr corner to get a good coverage. Pull up quickly.
- Swipe the shaving cream of the paper, and set aside to dry.
- When dry, trim of a 1/4″ from each long side and then short side, if you cut it to 4 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ inches in the beginning. So then it would be 4″ x 5 1/4″ after it’s trimmed.
- Then adhere to the base.
- Cut Rich Razzleberry Cardstock 3″ x 4″, and adhere down to the base.
- Then cut Whisper White Cardstock to 2 3/4″ x 3 3/4″.
- Using Memento Ink Stamp the flower straight down and straight up. Towards the upper part of the Whisper White Cardstock, leaving room for the sentiment.
- Squeeze the Melon Mambo Ink Pad, and take a Blender Pen and pick up the color, Then outline the outer edges of the petals and the color the inside of the petals. Tip: you can use marker scribbled on to a clear block and pick it up with a blender pen if you don’t want have the coordinating Ink Pad color you want.
- Using Old Olive ink pad, repeat step 4, except you will color the stem.
- Then Stamp Sentiment below the flower with Memento Ink.
- For added sparkle, color the petals with Wink of Stella.
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals adhere to Rich Razzleberry layer.
You are done, remember if you have questions please contact me or refer to the video above.
Shaving Cream Card Materials Needed:
Don’t forget you can click the products and head straight to my online store. 🙂
Glossy Cardstock or Photo Paper
Kabob stick or pencil
Food Scraper from the Dollar Tree, or Squeegee
Gloves to protect your hands
View the card I made that is similar to what my friend Brandy made. My design is a little different than hers, but that is the best part of sharing ideas, you can copy them or make them your own.