Hey Stampers!! I’m excited to share you with you this Dragonfly Watercolor Card that I made using Watercolor Pencils from Stampin’ UP! It also features Metallic Ribbon from the Sale A Bration Catalog, isn’t it pretty?!?! I’m absolutely in love with this stamp set too. I really have been into Dragonfly stuff this year and glad that Stampin’ Up came up with this stamp set.
I hope you enjoy this tutorial, and take a look at the video tutorial when you can. As always feel free to ask me any questions.
- Take a piece of Thick Whisper White Cardstock and cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″ and fold. Set aside
- Using a piece of Watercolor paper cut to 4″ x 5 1/4″, Scribble from bottom to top using the Bermuda Bay Pencil.
- With the Aqua Painter swish back and forth from bottom to top. Tip: Watch video to see how I do this.
- While the Watercolor Paper is still wet, stamp the dots with Old Olive Ink, on the bottom and up the left side several times. Tip: Watch the Video to see how I do this.
- Then with Aqua Painter blur some of the Old Olive dots together.
- Now take the dots and stamp over that with Old Olive Ink to add dimension.
- Stamp the Dragonflies with memento Ink, one with angle at the bottom ,and one at angle to middle.
- While that dries, take the 7″ piece of metallic ribbon and adhere to the front left side of the card, using dimensionals to the back, and apply dimensionals to the rest of the back and adhere to the base.
- After that, apply Clear Wink of Stella to each of the Dragonflies wings.
Now you are done, and this a great card for any Occasion!! Don’t forget to take advantage of the Sale A Bration Sale to get the Metallic Ribbon for FREE when you spend $50 Before shipping and Tax, By March 31, 2017. To shop click the the Shop Now button in the upper right hand area of this page.