Hey Stampers!! I’m so excited to show this Rainbow Watercolor Balloon , it so fun, it’s a step up kind of card for sure. Even though there is a lot of steps involved, relatively easy to do. It’s such a pretty and elegant card, it is sure to wow everyone!! However, I do have to admit that I Case’d this card from the front of the Occasions Catalog, and that is okay to copy cards out of Catalogs, to get the those creative juices flowing or to step out of the box.
I certainly hope that you love this card as much as I do, and if you have any questions about the tutorial feel free to ask. Also take the time to refer to the video as well.
Rainbow Watercolor Balloon Materials
- Cut Thick Whisper White Cardstock to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″ and fold.
- Take strips of Lift me up DSP from the Sale A Bration Catalog and cut 1″ x 5 1/2″, 2 of them.
- Adhere to each side of the front of the Base.
- Watercolor Paper cut to 3 3/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Using Bermuda Bay Pencil from the Watercolor Pencil Collection, color the bottom and left side first, then scribble all from the bottom to the top.
- With the Aqua Painter, go back and forth across the Watercolor paper starting from the bottom going up.
- Dazzling Details DSP with 1″ x 12″ Strip, run the Big, Medium and Small Cloud all at once, run through the Big Shot twice. See video for tips.
- Adhere the clouds to the Watercolor Paper.
- Cut any clouds that are going off the edge.
- Adhere the watercolor paper to the front of the base.
- Tempting Turquoise and the medium Hot Air Balloon, stamp on to Watercolor Paper.
- With the Aqua Painter, blend the Watercolor Balloon.
- Daffodil Delight, and the small Hot Air Balloon, stamp on to Watercolor Paper.
- Blend the colors with and aqua painter.
- Run the both Hot Air Balloons through the Big Shot, using the coordinating dies.
- Apply to Sky watercolor paper using mini glue dots. With the blue on the left, and the yellow on the right.
Rainbow Hot Air Balloon
- Trace the big Balloon die on Watercolor Paper, cut the top part of balloon.
- Using Daffodil Delight Watercolor Pencil, color majority of the Balloon.
- Then add some Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie in small circles for a rich color.
- Grab the Aqua Painter, and color from lightest to dark. Please watch video for tips.
- Then with Whisper White Cardstock, run the Big Balloon through the Big Shot.
- In combo with the Fine Tip Glue pen, adhere the multi-color piece to Ballooon.
- Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals, to the middle of the base.
- 1″ x 3″ piece of Whisper White cardstock.
- Stamp the sentiment.
- Cut triangles out of each end.
- Using glue to adhere the sentiment to the bottom right hand corner of the card.
Enjoy!! You are finally done!!
To get the coordinating DSP take advantage of the Sale-A-Bration Sale that ends March 31st. Click the Shop Now button in the upper right hand corner of this page.