I’ve been playing around with the stamps sets from the new annual catalog. I wanted to do something with this Frog for the Lots of Love Stamp set. This is a hostess Stamp Set, where you when spend $150 on a order, you can receive a free stamp set from the hostess section or $15 in free product. Anyways I decided to use the sponging technique to make this card.
Let me show you how…
Love you Lots Stamp Set
Memento Black Ink Pad
Whisper White Card Stock
Dapper Denim Card stock
Magnetic Plat Form
Dapper Denim Ink Pad
Sweet Sugarplum Ink Pad
Peekaboo Peach Ink Pad
Emerald Envy Ink Pad
Memento Ink Pad
Emerald Envy Marker
Garden Green Marker
Fine Tip Glue
White Gel Pen
1.Cut Whisper White Cardstock to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, and score at 4 1/4″, and fold.
1. Stamp the frog with the memento Ink Pad, and stamp straight down and straight up about 2 inches up from the bottom, on the right side.
2. Stamp the frog on a piece of copy paper, and cut out as closely to frog at as possible, and put washi tape on the back of the frog, and carefully place over the Frog image on the cardstock.
To help with the sponging technique we will need a stencil to create the water from the pond that the frog is floating in.
1.Take a piece of 4 1/4″x 5 1/2″ Dapper Denim Cardstock, lay the swirly thinlit on the bottom of cardstock landscape wise.
2. Run it through the Big Shot. pop out the extra pieces and set aside.
You will want a piece of scrap paper place in the card before sponging so you don’t get ink on the inside of card.
1.Grab the Peekabo Peach Ink Pad and Sponge and Rub randomly in a circle rotation as far down to the bottom of the frog, and rub horizontally across the frog tho create a horizon for the sky.
2. Grab the Sweet Sugarplum Ink Pad and sponge randomly in the sky area, avoiding the horizon Line if possible. We want to keep that glow.
3.Grab the Dapper Denim Ink Pad and sponge randomly, try to stay near the top of the card.
4. Using the stencil that you made, place its so the bottom lays just below the bottom of the frog.
5. Using the Emerald Envy Ink Pad and sponge, rub all around the bottom of the card.
6. Using the Dapper Denim Ink Pad and sponge , rub all across the top, down the middle and across the bottom
1.Remove the Frog mask
2.With the Emerald Envy Marker, draw a little Lily Pad at the bottom of the frog.
3. With the same marker outline the frog.
4. With the Garden Green marker, fill in the rest of frog, except the for the eyes.
5. With the fine tip glue, glue down the thinlit, and line it up with the horizon.
Sentiment and Fireflies
1.With the Memento Ink Pad, stamp the Thank you, Friend Sentiment in the lighter part of the sky.
2. With a White Gel Pen make little and medium dots around the frog to create atmosphere of fireflies flying around the frog.
1. Stamp the You were always there for me sentiment.
Wallah your done.
I know it may seem like a lot but it’s really easy and fun to do. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. If you have any questions please let me know.